The project below is proof than homemade gifts can be beautiful. This particular piece of embroidery is a recreation of a Medieval reliquary bag and it has a particularly long and tragic story. I made it for my mother for Christmas almost four years ago. Well, I actually made two, which is the long and tragic part, but this is the only surviving one. And, technically, it isn't finished - it's supposed to have tassels. Problem is, as you can see, it's still with me and there are no tassels attached. I've made several sets, but I never like any of them. I did give it to her at Christmas, but...well...I think I've had it more time since then than she has! But that's beside the point. It is here to illustrate that homemade gifts can be beautiful.
You don't have to spend dozens of hours embroidering, though, to create a thoughtful, hand-made gift. Below are several DIY tutorials for great homemade gifts that you might want to consider for the upcoming holiday season. I saw Christmas merchandise in Michael's craft store last week! If they're counting on getting you in the mood this early, why not avoid last-minute frantic gift-finding by crafting your own presents now?
How to Make a Reusable Coffee Sleeve
Link roundup for Homemade Gifts for Women and Girls
Another roundup of Homemade Gifts Men Actually Like
Decorate your packages in style with this handmade bow tutorial
No comments:
Post a Comment